Friday, May 19, 2006

Here we are now. Entertain us.

What's with singer/songwriters/bands getting all political these days? I don't care what your political views are, just sing about love, heartache, or how your ex ran over your dog with your pickup truck. I don't need to hear you spew shit about homosexual rights, the troops being off to war, or anything else. I have my own opinions, you don't have to inundate me with yours in an attempt to sway my opinion. You talk about the presidency and evil political actors brainwashing people, but what do you think you're doing?? And all set to catchy tunes, no less. That makes it even better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many (if not most) singers/musicians are high school dropouts who are addicted to drugs, so it's hard to take them seriously when they wax political. Then again, I find it just as difficult to take politicians seriously. Politicians are puppets to corporations and interest groups, but your blog isn't about that, so I'll just move on.

Entertainers are trying to come across as smart when they're really just idealistic morons who have no idea what they're talking about. I remember seeing a news clip of Martin Sheen sleeping outside in the freezing cold with homeless people. I kept wondering to myself, what's the point? Wouldn't it have made more sense for him invite those same homeless people to sleep in his warm home? Of course it would have, but all he wanted was to come across like he gave a shit. Thats it. Good work, Mr. Sheen.

With most entertainers, it's all about image and good PR, and not much else. However, there are some who really try to make a difference, like Angelina Jolie, Bono, or if you wanna go old school, the late, great Audrey Hepburn. For the most part, however, it's just a case of a dim-witted rich celebrities compensating for their rich, white, liberal guilt (to those who don't know me, I'm NOT a Republican, so don't make assumptions). Martin Sheen, Sean Penn, or a band like Green Day, they try to get political while sitting in their million dollar homes. It seems so pathetic.

11:18 AM  
Blogger gotbrains? said...

Amen, my brotha.

12:43 PM  
Blogger annush said...

me too...that...amen...

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Armando's been making you listen to the new Pink album hasn't he? I personally find nothing more insulting than some bitch with a 6th grade education and a lower back tatoo lecturing a-cappella style about politics. I threw up in my mouth a little when he played it for me

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home