Saturday, January 20, 2007

American Idol Rejects


There's this man, who I assume is a fag, that frequents the Starbucks in Sunny Isles. He wears pink biker shorts, pink tank top, this awesome Chiquita Bananna hat with all kinds of flowers instead of fruits, and carries around a pink purse. Everytime I see him he makes me laugh. I'm never with anyone to make fun of him, so I just laugh to myself. I would totally make fun of him, though. He deserves it. Anyone that walks out of their house, or cardboard box, looking that ridiculous deserves it. I don't make fun of people who can't help themselves (deformities, mental disabilities, etc), but this guy can help himself. He just chooses to dress this way. So, I choose to make fun of him.

There's this big hoopla about the new season of American Idol and the fact that the judges are ridiculously mean to the contestants. They make fun of their appearances and whatnot.. What bullshit! First of all, America loves it. America loves looking at the t.v. and making fun of the people on it. Especially when they are making fools of themselves. In reality, if you saw any of these sad, pathetic souls walking down the street you would make fun of them, too. So, what difference does it make? Personally, my favorite is the girl in the commercials that is a little tubby, has long hair and a mustache and of course, she can't sing to save her life. That brings me to my second point: these people are volunteering for America to laugh at them. I think they're being paid to act like morons, but if they aren't, then they want to be ridiculed on national television.

Yes, we're made from all walks of life, blah blah blah... Yes, everyone is different, blah blah blah... Yes, you shouldn't make fun of others becuase of their differences, blah blah blah... Oh, get off your high horse, you bleeding-heart, tree-huggin' losers. It's sad. It's mean. It's fucking funny. That's what t.v. stations care about. Ratings. Humor. They depend on your couch-potato ass to give them more money. And how will they do this? By exploiting all the losers that want their 15 minutes of fame. If you're that desperate for some t.v. time, then deal with the consequences.

Call me mean. I never said I was nice.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on LaRhonda's recommendation, I saw "American Idol" a couple of days ago, and although you're using the show as an analogy, I wanna point out that some of the people on "American Idol" are NOT the kinds of people who make fools of themselves by choice. There were two contestants on the show who looked very un-Hollywood, but may have been mentally challenged. Simon proceeeded to call one of them "odd-looking" and even called him a "bush baby." It was pretty fucked up, and I kinda felt sorry for the kid who probably had some affliction he was born with (the whole thing reminded me of those mentally challenged people singing Christmas carols in the lobby of the Stephen P. Clark Center). For the most part, however, I agree with you. It's just losers looking for their 15 minutes.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! what a beehive you are!! How would you feel being on the other side of the stick??? Being laughed odd b/c you looked different or chose to be different. That man is comfortable of who is and he choses to express himself. You might learn something from him.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beehive?

6:22 PM  
Blogger annush said...

a beehive?

hmmmm...ok...

and worry though she may about what other people think of her, I don't think other people's reactions have ever stopped her from expressing herself freely.

Beehive?!?!?!?!?!

You should just call her gobbletrotter.

7:37 PM  
Blogger gotbrains? said...

Yea, I'm not getting the beehive thing, either.

That man may be comfortable being who he is and dressing the way he does, but that doesn't mean I have to accept it. Kuddos to him for walking to the beat of his own drum and boo to me for being a 'follower,' for lack of a better term. The fact still remains that walking to the beat of your own drum gets you laughed at and everyone knows this. So, bottom line is you take your feelings/self-confidence into your own hands when you walk around with a Chiquita Bananna hat and pink biker shorts on. So, stop your crying.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home