Wednesday, January 24, 2007

If I was a rich girl


I'm scared I'll miss the way we use to talk
And if its all forever lost dont wanna know
I'm scared that you're the one that got away
And i want you here with me
Tonight, will never come

There needs to be something there, doesn't there? There has to be some kind of 'click.' I'll never understand those people that don't marry for love, but for money. Those rich girls that are raised to only marry rich and that's all they really look for in a man. They'll put up with whatever the guy will throw at them just because they're loaded and they know they'll have his credit cards later on. Money and looks fall along the same lines, no? There are also guys/girls that will put up with all kinds of crap from a significant other just because they're really hot. Is the money really worth the heartache? Are the looks that important?

I was lucky when I grew up. We were not RICH, but very comfortable. I'd always get everything I wanted. Somehow my mom raised me down to earth and grounded, though. She also raised me to want love, not money. Love and not looks. I wouldn't say that I've been lucky in the love department, I have dated some real losers. But, I guess I've been lucky in that they've all been cute. At least to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. None of them have had any money, though. I've never dated rich. I don't know that I'd get along with rich. With rich comes arrogance, materialism, and bad manners in general. No, thanks.

I'm still not dating rich, not even close, but he's adorable and we click. He pisses me off every other week, but I know he would never do anything intentionally to hurt me. He's sweet and spends most of his time helping everyone around him, even at the expense of himself. As annoying as it can get, it's nice to date someone that everyone seems to love/count on. We seem to be polar opposites in most aspects of our personalities, which causes some friction, but I guess in combination we make a good balance of too nice/too obnoxious. And, last but not least, we talk really well. We click. That's gotta count for more than looks and money.

2 Comments:

Blogger annush said...

did you know that my mom had picked out HWMNBN for me before I actually met him in great part because he has money (and a nice family blahblahblah)?

meeting him and falling stupidly in love was a big fat accident. And it's one of those things where I am sure I would love him the same if he was a starving DJ... I hope I never have to ask him for anything or need him for anything other than moral support and good conversation (and great sex).

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can credit your mom for making sure you didn't grow up to be a spoiled bitch, but you should also give yourself a pat on the ass. You're extremely down to earth, you're not afraid of work, and you don't look down on people. When it's time for you to get married, you'll probably achieve real happiness, as opposed to those who marry for money, who live in shallow contentment.

No matter. You'll be the breadwinner anyway.
:-)

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home