Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day, bah, humbug.



"You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true."

Happy Valentine's Day. I woke up this morning, and not realizing what day it is, subconsciously dressed in black. Today is apparently a day of mourning. It's been quite a few years since I haven't had a Valentine's Day date, and in all honesty, I don't seem to care all that much. I have a mid-term tonight, which is occupying my mind right now.. I've also already been to the Melting Pot this week, so all is good in the world. Cupid can kiss my fat ass.

Did anyone happen to see the last 2 episodes of "Grey's Anatomy??" What a great show. If all of the other episodes sucked (and they don't), this is not the one to miss. Drama, drama, drama. I actually had a semi-discussion with Joey this morning about Meredith and Dr. McDreamy: He's calling Meredith a slut and Dr. McDreamy a prick because he cheated/is cheating on his wife. However, since he doesn't watch the show, he doesn't know the whole story. McDreamy found his wife in bed with his bestfriend and left her. He moved to Chicago (I think that's where they are?) and met and fell for Meredith. The wife comes looking for him and wants him to forgive her indiscretions, which he does.. sort of. He leaves Meredith and stays with his wife, even though we all know he's in love with Meredith. Now, my question is this: how wrong is it to fall for someone else? Obviously, cheating is wrong, but should you stay in an unhappy relationship just for commitment's sake? And, if you're in a committed relationship (married, or not) and the other person has a temporary lapse of judgment, how easy is it to forgive them? What if it only happened once? What if it's happened several times? Could you forgive them?

Personally, I'd chop his balls off. Heh. Just kidding. I don't think I could forgive even one indiscretion, though. There would always be this lack of trust and paranoia in the back of my mind. Where is he?? Who is he with?? I won't stay in a relationship for commitment's sake, marriage or not. I've heard about a few married men, with children, that cheat on their wives on a regular basis. This is apparently normal to them. They claim to love their wives, but just want something different. Are we not made to be monogamous? Does true love really exist, if this is the case? People are always going to want something different. If you have a ham & cheese sandwich everyday for the next five years, eventually, you will get sick of it. Why bother getting married, then?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious that we both subconsciously wore all-black today.

Thanks for pimping my web site. You rule!

I might agree with you about that last paragraph you wrote. I'm not sure that I can TOTALLY agree, but you make sense. Sorta. Maybe deep down, we're all just a buncha sluts.

2:10 PM  
Blogger helenahimm said...

To be honest with you Im married just 1 year and a half and there are days that i feel like wow the same person every single day.. but but but at the end your couple is not a sanwich and if u want to compare it with it then I could say that one day you could put it some mustard, another day different cheese and so on.

I mean is difficult and some people may say that marriage is against humans nature, but is optional as it is to continue living or to work or the rest of things we do daily.

So I dont regret so far, but about staying in the relationship just for commitment I think I would do it depending on the situation, how do you know you are really in loved with this other person that you are going to put in risk your safety in your marriage, dunno If Im explaining my self but thats one of the reasons people get married, safety and knowing eerytime you come back home theres someone waiting for you.

I wont lie to you, i have felt feelings for different people inthe short time of my marriage but at the end everything in life is about choices we make and at teh end I decided not to talk to this guy or not giving my phone number, no t to tell himn he smells great, or even not to tell him i had a very sexual dream with him hahahha, so dear "Gotbreains" maybe i didnt answer your questions but at leastr I shared some of my opinions.

Thanx..

Helena

PS: I will follow your blog,, is kinda honest :D i will show you mine later

11:40 AM  
Blogger gotbrains? said...

How do you know you're in love with the other person? Well, you don't. I'm not saying you should leave your wife/husband if someone better comes along, but what if you're unhappy in your current situation? Should you stay in the relationship, just to be in a relationship, period? Just to have SOMEONE. Is that all that's important? Having someone to come home to, even if it may not be the person of your dreams? Even though you may not be in love with them? If all you're looking for in life is safety and comfort, get a dog. =)

1:44 PM  
Blogger helenahimm said...

Not even a dog gives you comfort an safety, it will run after the person who offers better beef or something like that.

I meant I could give you an example, last night i went out with a girlfriend, and I saw a guy i used to be in love with, and he came to me and told me i was gorgeos and so on etc etc etc, I like him and I feel atracted to him, but at the end is your decision to take another step, is your decision to let whatever happen, so depending on how much you love your couple and your relationship then you will do something or just avoid to screw up...

Im very sick today I got a cold and my husband came made me a soup, has been nice to me, and even in the days im very depresses or "on my days" he tried really hard and sometimes is evenhelpful, so thats love too my friend.

took me like 10 relationship to find him and he is human and tomorrow could fail, everthing we can do is hope the other person will behave and be faithful to you.

Kind regards :D

Helena

hey u can check out my blogstpot too :D http://helenahimmler.blogspot.com/

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home